Sunday, April 05, 2009

Butterfly corset


My latest creation, for a party over Easter; the butterflies are strung on 4 separate threads so I can remove them easily if I want to wear the corset plain. It's a two coloured raw silk (light & darker teal shades; lovely when moving; only the lighter shade is really showing in these photos) on the outside with twill cotton strength layer & boning casings on the inside. There are 10 panels, 18 bones (4 flat & 14 spiral plus the wide steel busk) & the waist fully laced is 32".

The butterflies are transparent plastic in lots of shades of teal & are absolutely gorgeous, they are only attached at one point so they move & catch the light too. I bought them from Clear Cut Crafts in Melbourne, whom I highly recommend!

3 comments:

melanie said...

that's gorgeous!

DELiciousDesignz said...

That looks so good. I bet you will get loads of comments when you wear it at easter..

lizet frijters said...

That looks really well done. I love the color.